Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Repairing a Quilt by Hand

     Repairing quilts is no easy task. I am learning this by trial and error on a quilt that I offered my services for. I have never repaired a quilt, I have only made new ones. I do have a few that could use some love though so I thought this one would be a good learning experience for me. The quilt in question is not a true quilt in that it was bought from Pottery Barn and not made by a quilter. But it has sentimental value to a friend so I said I would try to help.
     The quilt is made up of cotton rectangles that were sewn together but with a lot of use they have started to disintegrate. I decided to just sew the new rectangles over the ones that are falling apart. For anyone who has never done this before, it is slow going. The quilt is very heavy so it's hard to put in my lap and work on it. It needs to be on a table so it's harder to manipulate. Even though this is a long process it seems to be coming out okay. Any help would be appreciated!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Repairing a Quilt by Hand

     Repairing quilts is no easy task. I am learning this by trial and error on a quilt that I offered my services for. I have never repaire...